An Inside Look at Healthy Living...

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Monica's Mexican Chimmichurri

Monica's Mexican Chimichurri

I love chimichuri and I love using lime juice in my recipes whenever I can.  So, I decided to change the traditional recipe, taking out the vinegar and adding lime juice instead.  This fresh salsa verde reminded me of a Mexican tomatillo salsa.  Yum!


1 cup of finely chopped Italian parsley
1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
1/2 cup of chopped white or red onion
1 clove of garlic, grated
1/2 cup of lime juice
3/4 cup of olive oil
red pepper flakes, to taste
salt to taste

In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.  Cover with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Use in tacos, on beef, poultry and fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment