An Inside Look at Healthy Living...

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Going Green by Gardening

Going Green by Gardening


Are you thinking about "Going Green" ?  This has been something I have been thinking about for a long time now.  One of the things that has crossed my mind is growing a garden and making a positive impact on the grocery bill.  One of the questions I asked myself was "How much of an impact will growing your own produce such as vegetables, fruits and herbs, have on your grocery bill?"   

I have been investigating this question, along with many others, and I have found many benefits to growing a garden rather than just the monetary aspects.  Once you consider the freshness of the produce, the convenience of having it within arm's reach of your door,  not using pesticides during the growing process, the incredible taste and the potential for storing this food by canning or drying, the picture became very clear.  It's no contest...gardening, along with learning and developing some basic homesteading skills, have important long-term benefits for anyone!


https://homesteading.com/homesteading-skills-every-homesteader-should-know/