Italian Salsa Verde
Salsa Verde is the predecessor of the Chimichurri sauce. This is a fresh, green and bold sauce that can be used to add to the flavor of beef, chicken, pork or fish.
- 1 1/2 cups packed, roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, drain
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- Sea salt
- Place parsley, olive oil, capers, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until parsley is well chopped.2. Season sauce with the sea salt to taste. Transfer to a small bowl and serve!