Pesto a la Monica
This pesto is great spread onto bread, in sandwiches, as a dip for veggies or mixed into pasta. It is fresh, bold and will make any recipe stand out at any meal or get together.
- 1/2 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped white onion
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
1. Add all the ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor or a blender. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
2. Add olive oil to the mixture. Pulse 1-2 more times.
3. Add mixture to a serving bowl and enjoy!